Effective Date: March 22, 2020
Last Modified: March 22, 2020
Changes to the Site Terms
Personal Information is information that we directly associate with an identifiable person or entity, such as name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, twitter handle, Social Security Number, demographic information (such as date of birth, age and gender), payment information (including credit card numbers or online payment services numbers), financial information (such as bank account numbers), purchase history and location information (often from the device on which you use our site or mobile applications). We may obtain Personal Information about you from various sources, such as this and other websites and mobile applications, third parties and when you call or email us or interact with us via social media. You may also submit Personal Information to us in other ways, such as participating in online surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes, subscribing to newsletters and other offerings through the Rivalry Brews website. In addition, we may combine information received from third parties with Personal Information and Usage Data we collect about you.
Usage Data is anonymous information regarding use of our website or services that is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of Rivalry Brews, often through the use of automated means. Usage Data collected through these automated means may include information that we gather and store about your visit to, and use of, the Rivalry Brews website, such as your IP address and the location of your IP server, type of browser and operating system used, date and time you access the websites, pages you visit, and if you linked to this website from another website, the address of that website. Usage Data does not include Personal Information and is not treated as Personal Information under this Notice.
Cookies and web beacons are sometimes used to collect Usage Data. “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device’s hard drive for the purpose of identifying your browser during interaction on websites or storing information or settings in your browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
In addition to the cookies and web beacons we deliver and use, we may also allow certain third-party analytics service providers to include cookies and web beacons within the pages of the Rivalry Brews website on our behalf and to retain and use Usage Data received from such cookies and web beacons themselves.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of the website or service that placed the cookie may not function properly or at all as a result.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We may use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- for our everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your customer account, responding to your inquiries, providing products and services you request, processing and collecting payments and providing customer support;
- to provide information about our business and offer our Products or Services to you;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with Rivalry Brews and our customers through our message boards, logs and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services and websites and soliciting your feedback through email communications, telephone calls, and/or focus groups;
- to tailor our offerings to your personal interests and the manner in which you interact with us;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer search, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis; and
- to comply with legal recommendations, applicable legal requirements and our policies and practices.
We may also use Personal Information in other ways for which we provide notice at the time of collection to the extent required by law or this Notice.
We may use Usage Data (which, of course, does not include Personal Information) for any legally permissible purpose and without notice to you.
If you would like to change or update the Personal Data previously provided by you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with our deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. Also, we may be unable to propagate changes to Third Party Companies who receive your Personal Data or User Content.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share Personal Information with third parties, except as described below:
- Affiliates. We may share your Personal Information with our Affiliates so long as the disclosure and use of your Personal Information by such entities is consistent with this Notice.
- Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide services to us who have access to your Personal Information. In such cases, we require such providers to maintain your Personal Information as confidential and to use the information only to perform the services specified by us.
- Surveys/Sweepstakes/Promotions. In the event that you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest or other promotion on the Rivalry Brews website or on Rivalry brews social media that is sponsored by Rivalry Brews and a third party, such participation serves as your consent for Rivalry Brews to share your Personal Information collected in conjunction with the survey, sweepstakes, contest or promotion with the third party. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices.
- Other. We may access or disclose information, including Personal Information, to: (i) protect or defend the legal rights, interests or property of Rivalry Brews and our Affiliates; (ii) protect the safety and security of our customers or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with legal advice, applicable law or legal process. In addition, if we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, we may transfer all or a portion of your Personal Information as part of that transaction.
We may share Usage Data (which, of course, does not include Personal Information) with third parties, including our Affiliates, advertising networks, analytics providers and others, for any legally permissible purpose and without notice to you.
In order to access our Products and Services, you must register with our site and provide us with Personal Information. Once you have done that, you have opted in to receive communications from us, as described in this Notice. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us and access our Products and Services, you may do so by emailing clicking on a unsubscribe link at the bottom of email communications or by emailing email@example.com. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement opt-out requests promptly, but it may take up to ten business days as we process the request. Once we have processed your request, we will not send you further emails regarding our Products and Services unless you opt back in to receiving such communications.
If you refer others to us, please note that they may choose not to receive any promotional email communications from us in the future by following the instructions in the email invitation.
Communicating with Other Users
You may not collect (manually or in an automated manner) other Users’ Personal Data (including email addresses) from the Site.
If you use a bulletin board, blog, or similar Service on the Site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other Users of the Site, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to submit in this manner.
Security/Limits on Our Abilities
We use industry-standard security protocols, such as (if and where we think appropriate) firewalls and restrictions on which employees can access User data. However, perfect security does not exist on the Internet and thus we cannot guarantee the security of your information.